Lalit joined Quayle Munro in 2017 from Morgan Stanley. He has more than 12 years of investment banking and corporate finance experience encompassing mergers, acquisitions, disposals and fundraisings for a wide range of corporates (both public and private), entrepreneurs and private equity firms.
At Morgan Stanley Lalit was part of the Mergers and Acquisition team and, before that, the Financial Sponsors team. Lalit also established and headed Morgan Stanley’s support group for Financial Sponsors Group in Mumbai, India. Prior to that, he worked with Deloitte (India) as an intern in their Audit and Assurance team.
Selected completed transactions include:
- Private placement for SoundCloud, a leading music streaming business
- Advised the founder and management team of NAP on the sale of a minority stake
- Advised Bregal Capital on the sale of a minority stake in Cognita to KKR
- Advised ASM International on the sale of their stake in ASM Pacific Technology
- Advised ASM International on a strategic review of their business operations
- Advised Liberty Global on the sale of their content business, Chellomedia, to AMC Networks
- Advised Heidelberg Cement on the acquisition of Italcementi
- Advised the financial sponsor consortium on the debt restructuring of NXP Semiconductors
- Advised L1 Energy on the sale of DEA UK portfolio
Lalit holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Mumbai University and is also a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.